Programming the ESP32 Dev Kit is very simple. The first thing that you need to have is the Arduino IDE. You can download it here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/software.
- Once installed, run it.
- Click on ‘File‘, then ‘Preferences…‘.
- In the ‘Additional boards manager URLs, type in the below, then click on the button ‘OK’ to save it.
- Click on ‘Tools‘, ‘Board:‘, ‘esp32‘, then select ‘ESP32 Dev Module‘.
- Plug in the ESP32 Dev Kit via a USB cable.
Click on the Pull-down menu under ‘Tools‘ & ‘Help‘.
Next, click on the COM port that your ESP is using. If you do not know which one it is, try the first one (and if that doesn’t work, try the next and keep going).
- In the search box, type in ‘esp32 dev‘, then, from the list on the left, click on the board ‘ESP32 Dev Module‘. Next, click on the button ‘OK‘.
You are now ready to upload code to your ESP Dev Board!